Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Milestones. . .

This week, we hit two major milestones at the Gibson house.

First. I switched all Madeline's hangers from baby hangers to adult hangers. This may not seem like something blogworthy to many of you, but trust me, it is huge. Over 8 years ago, I bought and was given probably 50 small, pink, hangers. The past years, these hangers have held sweet pink baby clothes, and then sweet pink little girl clothes, and even sweet pink big girl clothes. And last week (during my clothing purge), I noticed that all the big girl clothes were falling off of these hangers. So I switched them all out, and now her big girl clothes are nice and neat. And on big hangers. It may seem small to you, but I have a zillion small pink hangers (that I will never use again), that are just cruel reminders how fast life is flying by. Anyone want some small pink hangers?

The more obvious milestone was tonight:



Doesn't he just look so relaxed and ready to sleep? (Ha.)

Carter has some horribly disfunctional pychological relationship with his crib. He hates it, and if made to be in it, will throw up in about 30 seconds flat. We finally decided that we weren't tough enough to make him do that on a regular basis, and so even though he seems a little young, we put together his big boy bed, or as he calls it, his, 'IG EE ED!" Even though he isn't entirely sure about the whole 'sleeping alone' concept, he is pretty proud of his new bed. He helped pick out a new pillow and blanket tonight at Target, just like Kim and Carrots do in his favorite story.



Garrett helped him get all his monkeys tucked in.


Night Night, Nana!


Success!
I knew I was pushing it to get this one, but after I sat on the floor and held his hand for 45 minutes, he was finally asleep, and I had to claim my victory prize (this picture)! He's already been up once since this picture was taken, but I sat on the floor and held his hand for another 20 minutes, and he was out again. I'm sure it will be a process, but hey, at least he hasn't thrown up yet, right?

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Okay, I did send an email, but Kristen has two little ones coming this fall and might really like having pink hangers... any plans for that crib??? =)

I'm so proud of him (and you). He looks so big and proud. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Alright, that's it...Ellery and Carter must have a soul connection. I will have to get her a big bed soon. She's been asking for one since she was born I guess.

He looks so sweet. And whoopee for no nursing!

Stacy said...

He looks so big in his new bed. Mason hated his crib too, so he has been in a big boy bed since he was about 12 mths old. Ryan did the whole "Super Nanny" trick and it worked. I was not strong enough to do it, so I will give him that one!

Judy said...

Good for you for literally sitting it out last night! Such a big boy...and adorable in his big boy bed!

Oh and you know, I realize that Molly hardly has a thing to wear (cough, cough) but maybe, just maybe I could put some pink hangers to use!!! :)

Stefanie said...

Sarri,

What we do for our kiddos! I am hoping the big bed is a smooth transition for you guys.

Also, the thing about the pink h angers was so sad to me - i totally get it! We're not there yet and I hadn't even thought about it. But because of you, next time I hang the girls' clothes up, I will be thankful for their littleness a little while longer.

Have a great day.

neeter said...

Awwww! Big Little Boy

Sarah said...

Way to go Carter. We have the opposite problem. Eliot love his crib so much I'm afraid he'll never go to a big boy bed. He weighs so much though that I swear I've messed up my back just picking him up out of it.

Julia said...

I could use those hangers! I'll never be over baby pinks.

However, having pink hangers would contradict my OCD when it come to my need for all hangers to look the same...color and style. :)