Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Here's One for the Baby Book

In over 8 years as a mom, I have thankfully never had to visit the ER. Until yesterday. Poor Sissy fell at a birthday party and broke her arm. She is ok, but pretty bummed. Thankfully once her arm got wrapped, she was in a lot less pain. With our two wild boys, I sure never thought Maddy would be our first ER kid. Poor girl!

Here's to hoping she will be fine to dance the night away at her dance recital in two weeks. I told her if she has to get a cast (we find out on Thursday), we'll get a black one that will match her costume, and her friends can sign it in silver. We can make anything fun, right?



7 comments:

Becky said...

My poor sweet baby! She looks so grown up! This is one of the longest times, I have gone without seeing you guys! I am counting the days until we come. Maddy is a beautiful dancer, and she will figure out how to dance and use the cast as a prop!! I love you all! Auntie Beck

Judy said...

What a classy gal! She looks in pretty good spirits for a broken bone victim! Good for her. When I told Grayson, he was so nervous that her whole arm fell off! :) Phew.

Paige Lomas said...

glad to hear that she is doing OK...and a cast would be so cool! but black...really? not pink or purple or blue?

see you Monday...
paige

Melanie Penelope said...

Oh, poor thing!!! Ouch!

I can't believe in 8 years you have NEVER gone to the ER! :O We practically live there!

Allison said...

You can tell she is well trained in the art of posing for a picture (hmmm. . .maybe it has something to do with the thousands of vacation pics!) A head tilt and a pretty smile--even with a broken arm. Hope she is in less pain today and that the dance recital is on!

Ty and Molly said...

I love that even in a painful situation she is able to give an award winning pose and smile. Missing you, would love to get together soon.

neeter said...

8 years is a good run!

I hope she heals quickly and that the recital goes off w/o a hitch.

PS - The black cast and silver pen sounds cool!