Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Hawaiian Luau!

Today after school we had seven 8 year olds here, two 5 year olds (well, nearly 5 and newly 5), and two 2 year olds here for Maddy's 8th birthday party. It was quite the fun time. We made leis, ate chicken kabobs and fruit salad, did a treasure hunt (my new specialty) and of course enjoyed cake and ice cream. We were lucky to get a gorgeous afternoon!
(Thank you to Visty for helping with the photos! I don't think I've ever been in a birthday party picture...)


The Whole Crew


Treasure hunting!


The clue was, "Go up to go down, look underneath and your treasure will be found." Garrett found it! (Just under the bottom of the slide.) We had 5 similar clues, and bags of things hid all over the yard. It was the 3rd treasure hunt we've had this week, and I must say my best yet! (Ha ha)


Happy.


I couldn't help but take a second to smell her hair and whisper in her ear.


Sweet Miss Molly is such a party girl. She wore her grass skirt loooong after the party was over. How cute is she? I just can't get enough of her! And Judy! Thank you for your great help!


Molly found a wayward brush (anyone recognize it? It's still here!) and thought she'd make Carter pretty. Surprisingly Carter agreed...of course, 20 seconds later he stole it from her and headed for the hills.

Madeline doesn't actually turn 8 until Sunday, Mother's Day this year. I love when her birthday falls on Mother's Day. More about that in a couple of days!

7 comments:

Judy said...

Oooh, I think that the one of all the kids turned out really cute! It really was such a fun party. Now that party season is almost behind you...time to start planning next year's!

Hannah said...

I cannot believe Maddy is 8. Remember those tiny pink overalls...

Melanie Penelope said...

Happy birthday, Maddy!

How cool that Visty and B were there!

Anonymous said...

It seems like just yesterday that we were trekking over to the hospital for our birthing classes each week! How did 8 years pass so quickly?!!
I love how Maddy looks in the cake photos...a little red in the face, shy, SO sweet, still Mama's baby. :) Always.

lovemytannerman said...

SO cute! Looks like a lot of fun.

Carter has gotten so big!

neeter said...

What a fun fun party. I bet the kids love scavenger hunts

Paige Lomas said...

Happy B-Day Maddy! CJ was born on Mother's day...you two are only a few days apart! Glad to see you having so much fun at your party. You have been sure trotting the glob...Italy, Germany and then Hawaii in your own backyard.
paige