Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ahhhhhhh.

Today was a long one. But such, SUCH a good one. I am exhausted, it's pushing 11, I just finished some of my responsibilities and now am torn between two choices. Should I head to bed since I am tired and don't feel great? Or should I stay up a little, enjoying the quietness of my house, the peaceful rain falling outside (sometimes not so peaceful with the wind gusts!), and unwind a little? Since I'm here, apparently the latter won out (for now).

Here is a little catching up from today...

Garrett and I started the morning out by doing puzzles. We simultaneously did 2 USA puzzles. One wooden one that he knows by heart practically, and one cardboard floor map puzzle that he has never done. I sat by him but didn't help much. Mostly we visited about who lives in Idaho, "Uncle Chad!", when we went to Florida, and why Maine had 'the north pole' on it. (A lighthouse actually.) Carter actually entertained himself nearby for the 20 minutes or so, and Garrett really had me all to himself- a rarity. It was nice. Garrett and I go through cycles of butting heads majorly, or just meshing really well. Right now is a meshing time, and I am so thankful. He brings us such joy. (But don't tell him that. "I do NOT bring JOY!") Anyway, I didn't get a picture of our puzzle-ing-too busy enjoying the moment- but here is my boy insisting that I take a picture of his face. (After I snapped several of Carter in Pearly Jo's wagon.)


Carter is (as always) such a funny boy. He is talking SO much now. Finally! I love when he explains things to me...
C: Mama?
S: Yes, Carter?
C: Mawwy. Wuff.
S: You love Molly?
C: Yeah! Jewey. Wuff.
S: Oh! You love Judy too?
C (big grin): YEAH!

Or when he lists off (to himself) everyone who is in school: "Nana? School! Dootoo? School! G? School! Jewey? School!"

He calls 'Sissy': 'Dootoo.' I have no idea why. And he can't say 'Garrett' yet, so I taught him to say 'G'. He says it in BOLD, every time.

Here are Garrett and Carter watching Toy Story 2 today. (I totally screwed up naptime earlier, so they rested and watched a movie instead.)



And Carter...taking his lunch with books near Pearly's wagon. The funny face is because he knows he is busted and thought I was going to make him move back to the table. You know, where we usually eat! (He was so right.)



Also this morning, after we dropped G off at preschool, Carter and I headed over to Sissy's school to help with the Artist in Residence project going on. This week they were working with mixing paint colors to make a giant color wheel. Next week they are going to do more with the papers as well. Anyway, Carter and I were in charge of the violet-red station. It was so cool. Carter was such a good boy with his 'nacks' (snacks), and Maddy was happy to have us there. Even if Carter did yell, "Dootoo!" Several times during it.


Carter was all set with his 'nack' bowl, his water, and his favorite board books.


Sissy working hard.


The color wheel. This is only from 2 classes. The entire school is doing this, and I think there are 24 classes. It's so cool!


BFFs.

So that got a little long- sorry! Maybe I'm more verbose (wordy) when I'm tired? Anyway, sometimes I feel a little guilty for blogging more about Carter than The Bigs, especially Sissy. I had such a good day- with ALL of my kids- that I had to get it all down.

And now, I am officially tired.
Good night!

6 comments:

Melanie Penelope said...

It sounds like a great day! I love the picture of the boys watching the movie. And Carter's conversations. Toddler talk is so adorable!

Danielle said...

It looks like your day was so much fun, busy as all get out, but fun. I don't know how you do it all Sarri, but I think it is amazing!

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Great day! That is a realy cute picture of you btw. The boys have been sick (not Kevin). Pray everyone's well for the weekend!

Judy said...

Ah, Auntie "Jewey" loves her sweet Carter! These kids are so fun!

neeter said...

I love it when we are able to carve out one on one time. WHat a fun day!

Anonymous said...

You are going to have to tell me more about the color wheel project...that looks so incredibly cool. Can't wait to see you Sunday!