Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Carter's Big Adventure

Before each of our kids turned 2, my mom has flown with them to Idaho for a long weekend. Last weekend, it was Carter's turn. The Bigs were beyond heartbroken when he left. You'd think they would be sad that they didn't get to go to Idaho, to go with Nana, or to have an airplane ride. Nope. They were SO sad that their baby was leaving them for the weekend. Lots of tears. I tried to cheer them up with the plans for the weekend (playing in the snow), smoothies that they wouldn't have to share with a slobbery baby, and anything else I could think of, but they were just sad!





However, the scene was so different on Monday when we picked up Nana and Carter at the airport. Is there anything sweeter?




Sissy got the first hug!




"Pleeeease can I have some smoothie, G?"

What a nice big brother you have, Carter!

We are SO glad to have our funny little buddy home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh; how sweet is that hug??

Melanie Penelope said...

Awww, that is so sweet! My Littles were like that when Chlo and I went to Cali, too. So darling.

neeter said...

So awesome that sibling bond. I'm swooning.

Sarah said...

That is so precious! Really? Tears? That's what you get when you space kids. I think Eliot would probably shove Grace onto a plane about now.