Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

When Carter's Away...

The Bigs Will Play!



After we dropped Carter and Nana off at the airport, The Bigs and I were headed to Clackamas Mall, via Krisy Kreme (I know), and we got a little lost. Finally I realized we were nowhere near Clackamas OR Krisy Kreme, but that we were near the house my dad grew up in. My grandma lived in the house until I was a senior in high school. So we decided to take advantage of the gorgeous February evening and enjoy Brooklyn Park and 10th Street a bit.

It was nearly dusk, but we had time for a little spin on the merry-go-round. This is the same merry-go-round that I spend HOURS on as a little child. I had no idea it was still there- every other merry-go-round in the state of Oregon has been pulled due to safety reasons (that's the word on the street, anyway).


These kids didn't even know what a merry-go-round was!! Seriously!


The Bigs in front of '10th Street'. . . talk about full circle.

I can't even tell you the nostalgia and memories this place brings back for me. My cousins and I spent hours at this park, and this house is one of the main settings of my growing up life.

Anyway...

No comments: