It's the Canned Food Drive time of year. Yesterday I paid my library fines with canned food. Nothing like a good deed to get you out of $20 worth of library fines. (Don't tell my husband I had $20 of library fines, he'll flip.) (Watch, he'll totally read this and comment. Like the second time he's ever commented on my blog.) But I saw on the website they'd take $1 off of a person's fine for every 1 can of food brought in. I was all over that, and now I can check out books again!
The kids school is also doing a food drive, and have put a spin on it. They are doing a Beavers vs Ducks food drive. If you are a Beavers fan, you're food goes in that pile, and if you are a Ducks fan, then pile it up on that table. IF you could really care less and you can't even remember what college goes with which PacNW nuisance animal, then your food can go on the "Platypus" table. (Cute, right?) The whole thing is really funny because my kids swear they are die hard Beavers fans, but they have no idea why. I guess because Joel is, but his allegiance is sketchy, at best. I don't want to speak for him, but . . . he doesn't really care about the Beavers or the Ducks, really. And I am not a sports fan in any sense of the word. (I am all about a band wagon though, so if you see me ever wearing Orange and Black, that's why.) We aren't alumni, (alumn?), we don't attend games, we don't watch games, we don't even know when the 'Civil War' is. So for our kids to be 'Beaver Fans' makes me giggle a little. The Bigs were discussing Beavers vs Ducks on the way to school today, and who would 'win' the Beavers vs Ducks Canned Food Drive.
Garrett said, "I think James is tied for the Ducks and the Beavers. Last year he liked the Beavers, but this year he likes the Ducks."
Maddy said, "Mom, Josh says that the Ducks win everything and the Beavers never win and he doesn't know why people even like the Beavers. Is that true?"
"I have no idea, Maddy. No idea at all."
Then Garrett says, "Well, I know this. The Ducks and Beavers together? They have a LOT of Mac n Cheese."
And isn't that all that matters?
Two Years
13 years ago



5 comments:
This post made laugh out loud! My boys obviously have influence in the Gibson househld...
Peter has told me he's a platypus, because he likes both. Even though we live in EUGENE and the Ducks are WINNING for crying out loud!
Can you e-mail me your mom's home address?
stef.lastname@gmail.com
Thanks Sarri!
That is so funny.
GO DUCKS! My hubby is the freakish, die-hard fan, probably due to growing up in nearby Coos Bay. He also had 2 brothers attend UofO. I have admittedly jumped on the bandwagon as of late.
LOL...if they did that here in Delaware it would be the Blue Hens vs. the Hornets. Ducks vs. Beavers sounds SO much better!
Post a Comment