Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Basketball Boys

As I stated in the previous post (that was about 87 days ago), I am not much of a sports person.  Well, I have a feeling that Garrett is going to be a big sports person.  And as much as he loves soccer season, his current thing is basketball.  If it's not raining, he's out back shooting baskets.  If Joel asks him what they should do together, "Basketball!" is always the first thing out of Garrett's mouth.  (And I'll save the story of the one time I played basketball with Garrett for another day.  It possibly paints one of us as super competitve and one of us as super (im)mature, so . . . )
So when G brought home the flier for the 3 Saturday Basketball camp, put on by the local high school's basketball teams, we knew it would be a good fit.  (Also he did it last year and he loved it, so that was our other clue.)
Towards the end of soccer season, I wrote about how Garrett really stepped up his focus and aggressiveness on the field.  Well.  He is a whole different kid on the basketball court.  Super aggressive (a little too aggressive, maybe?), super focused, and super competitive.  Actually, now thinking about Garrett and my only 1 on 1 basketball experience, I shouldn't have been so surprised to see him going for it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course, his buddies did the camp also.  They are all seriously hilarious.

Photobucket

No comments: