And what the doppler looked like when I got in the car:
Fun!
The truth is that I love Fall soccer. Spring soccer is yuckier weather, but I love it too. I love seeing my friends several times during the week. I love watching Carter and his buddies run around; they love soccer season as much as the first graders. I love watching Madeline play with the little kids, herding them around like the Mama Hen that she is. I love seeing my husband walk up to the game and watching how focused he is on our boy. I love that he hasn't missed a game, even though he's been working crazy long hours the past few months. I love that Garrett almost always has my mom or my dad, and sometimes Joel's parents there cheering for him. And most of all, I love watching Garrett and his friends play soccer. I know they are only 6, but when they are out there, it's easy to get glimpses of them as big kids, young men even. They've become focused, serious, and at times even passionate. At other times, there is still some splashing in puddles and Garrett has his hands down his shorts often.
This season, G has really taken to being goalie. I, actually, can't really stand it. It freaks me out, and I'm sure I'll have to watch my sweet boy get a cleat in the ribs or the face. But he's done a really good job, and has had some really good saves. I'm so proud of him and how much he's grown as a player this year!
G's save. This team has some kids who kick hard.
Goalie Garrett throwing it . . . to James. Super cute. Garrett always, always passes to one of his 3 closest friends, if possible. It may not be the best strategy (although it usually is), but it's pretty darn adorable.
G at the ready, with Isaac helping him out.
He played goalie during the first half- I had to snap a picture of him in the super cool goalie shirt. I think it suits him!
Meanwhile, Little Brother had to go potty. His daddy told him just to go in the bushes. That full moon got a lot of laughs, and isn't just so cute that Madeline was trying to shield him?
I missed the photo op, but at one point #5 and #9 (Grayson and Garrett) were practically snuggled up on the bench. It was cold, and they are best buddies after all!
Four best buddies.
When the game ended, it was seriously pitch dark. But the boys kept playing. They were playing the team that has the roughest players- they kick, push, and trip on purpose. But our boys kept playing. It was rainy, and honestly, I have no idea how they could even see the black soccer ball. They didn't let up. Again, how can they only be 6?!? I was so proud of them all.
Cb had picked up cupcakes, ordered medals, and picked up a gift certificate for the coach. Allison, Judy, Joel and I passed them all out, using our phones for light so we could read the names on the medals. By the time everything was passed out, it was dark enough that identifying our children was tricky and we were all soaked and cold. We were definitely over Fall soccer. (And we're already looking forward to Spring!)
.jpg)
.jpg)










4 comments:
Seriously??? You really had to post less than 2 hours since the game ended?! Me--I can't seem to get past the 1 soccer goal that happened, oh, about a bazillion weeks ago, but you post the same night?! Nice. Way to kick me while I'm down.
Just kidding! You are awesome. I do so love watching our boys grow up on the soccer field...
And when Garrett said his prayers tonight he told God, " I really like those cupcakes and that medal." Thanks CB and God!
Need to run to see if Judy has posted yet!
Yep, way to go Strickers!!! Um, I mean Strikers!
(So can I officially be kicked off the end-of-soccer party planning now?!?)
I love that you used your phones to read the names on the medals! And thanks for taking a photo of Isaac with his buddies. And most importantly, I'm glad that the cupcakes & mis-spelled medals were a hit!!!
Now you are just showing off posting Doppler from your iphone.
Post a Comment