Anyway, here are a few scenes from our Thursdays.
This morning I was helping take off his sweatshirt and somehow I hurt him a little. I said, "I'm so sorry I hurt you, Carter. Will you forgive me?"
He answered, in his toughest cowboy voice, "I don't forgive anybody."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A conversation between Nana and G this week:
Nana: Hey, Garrett, will youlook at the microwave and tell me what time it is.
Garrett: Sure. It is 9, dot-dot, finger-space, one, three.
(9:13, of course!)
Thanks, mom, for telling me. Too funny.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week, a conversation between G and me:G: Wow, mom, you look like you already have a baby in your tummy.
Me: (first of all, seriously? I have been running my, um, big toe off! Chalk it up to bad posture, maybe?) Garrett, you know that the baby we aren't getting isn't coming out of my tummy, right?
G: pause, and then incredulously, She's not?
Me: No, Honey, we're going to Ethiopia to get her, remember? Tell me what you were thinking.
G: Well, I thought you and daddy would go to Ethiopia and get the baby put in your tummy and then you and daddy would bring her home.
Obviously, we revisited the main points of adoption.
Remember, he's 6. Later in the week I was relaying this story to Carter's preschool teacher, who also had G a couple of years ago. We were both giggling and Garrett's sweet innocence. Then she told me that during a read aloud a few days prior, the subject of adoption had come up. One of the students asked what 'adoption' meant, and Ms A said that she kind of froze, but Carter piped right up and explained it somewhat properly. (To me he says that adoption is when "A mom and dad isn't home anymore so another mom and dad comes and be the new mom and dad.")


.jpg)



2 comments:
What a great way to spend your Thursday!
I love it! Your little boys are so precious. By the way, Thursdays are our full at home day too. It's so nice. :)
Post a Comment