Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Jog-a-Thon

Like every other school in the state right now, The Bigs' school held their annual jog-a-thon this past week.  We were so lucky to get gorgeous, blue sky weather!  My kids were particularly motivated by a generous (or naive?!?!) 'per lap' pledge by Papa.

Photobucket
Sissy ran 37 laps!  She would have had more probably, but I asked her to walk a few laps with Carter and Molly.  Being the sweet sister she is, she agreed.

Photobucket

Photobucket
When I asked G to walk a lap with Carter and Molly he shrugged, "They can walk a lap, but I'm really fast, so I have to keep going."  At one point I tried to run a lap for him.  I'm not known for my speed or anything, but it was a little embarrassing that I couldn't keep up with my six year old!

Photobucket
G at the prize table- he ran 40 laps- the most for his class!

The day before the event Garrett and I had this conversation:
Me:  Hey Garrett, do you know what happens tomorrow?
G:  Yep.  The jog-a-thon.  I know because I saw the track today!
Me:  You did?  How big is it?
G:  Ummm . . . about the size of a giant's footprint.

Yeah.  Or a soccer field!

No comments: