Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

News



Nine years ago I stood in the back of an auditorium, rocking my baby girl and the journey of international adoption was put on my heart.  It's not logical, I can't explain it, but I remember the moment, I know it was real, and I know it was a turning point in my life.  Joel and I have talked about it the past nine years, and it just never was the right time.  Since Carter was born we've been discussing it with more frequency, and in June we sent our initial application to our chosen agency.  Since then we've been going through the process which has included many meetings and an incredible amount of paperwork.  There have been so many blessings, so many "WOW" moments during the past 4 months.

Currently, we are in the midst of our home study.  After that we will work on completing our Dossier, which is a collection of documents that will be sent to Ethiopia.  Once our Dossier lands in Ethiopia, the average wait time is about 6 months until we receive our referral- pictures and information about the child we've been matched with.

Those are the basics for now.  We are so excited where this journey will take our family!  We would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts as we travel this path.

10 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

I am thrilled for all 5 of you...and what a happy and healthy home you will provide for your new child! yeah! You have a kind and caring heart Sarri...of course this is part of your life journey. I am anxiously awaiting the new blog title! Yippppeeeee!

Michelle said...

Wow...what a wonderful journey this will be for your family. Continued prayers that all goes as smoothly as it can so that you can welcome a new little Gibson into the fam...

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Congratulations to all of you!

Hannah said...

We can't wait to meet this little person that is going to join your family. How exciting! Hope the home studies are going well. Keep us updated.

Julia said...

And what a journey it will be!! I love babies, but sometimes feel selfish for having so many of my own when I know there are so many that need a family. Congrats on your decision for adoption, this little one will be blessed to be part of the Gibson 6.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We will certainly pray and hope to get lots of updates here on the progress!

Brambleberry said...

Will definately be praying you through the journey! Exciting times! Many blessings...

:)

Mom said...

Now I remember. So Sweet. So proud. So excited!

Stefanie said...

That is just awesome Sarri! I'm so excited for you all and not surprised a lick:) You are good folk! And one little one is coming into a Disneyland loving family to boot!

scooping it up said...

Hi Sarri, I just found your blog. We are a Dove family and have been officially waiting (Dossier in ET) for almost 2 months now. It's nice to find other Dove families in the process. Feel free to check out our blog. Congrats on the journey!