Then I wrote a post about how half the pilgrims actually died before they moved off the ship. I decided it was perhaps a bit dark for Thanksgiving. Sarcastic. And I maybe made some of it up. (I don't know, it's late.) My point was going to be that we can be thankful even in hard times, but I never really got there- I just kept writing about scurvy and stuff.
So here's the truth. I am blessed. And somehow I have really good luck. I don't know why. But I have a lot, to be thankful for. Mucho. Here is a little taste of what comes to mind- the big things and the little things.
Joel. I am daily thankful for you. You get me, you really do. Over the past 9 years of marriage we have both grown up, and thank you for being so committed to us, so loving, so patient. You have always supported me in my endeavors- teaching, getting my Master's degree, staying home. And I know you'll be behind me in the next 'thing'- whatever it may be. Plus, we have so much fun together- yes, we have our moments, but thankfully we can usually laugh at them soon after.
My sweet babies, how I love you. Every single day I am grateful for the opportunity to be your mom. You are all so different and so incredibly perfect in your own way. Perfect for your dad and me. Perfectly imperfect. We wouldn't have you be any other way.
- My Mom- a friend, a mentor, and a rockin Nana
- My Dad- a friend, a mentor, and an awesome Papa
- Joel's parents- such awesome Grandparents and such loving Inlaws
- My Idaho Family- xoxoxo
- Joel's extended Family
- My friends- longtime friends, high school friends, college friends, and Mom friends. You are all so important
- Health
- Being a teacher
- Being a stay at home mom
- Our home
- warmth
- peppermint mochas
- The Office
- flannel sheets
- the color brown
- sunshine in November, or anytime at all
- Dark Brown Uggs
- Flip flops
- surprises
- new emails from old friends
- memories
- pictures
- lenses
- learning
- teachers
- books
- warm rolls (in the oven)
- farmers market
- traveling with my family. To Europe or to the coast for the weekend. (But especially to Europe.)
- Hecho in Mexico Coca-Cola
- Quite Alone Time
- Wild Everybody Time
- Gas under $2. (I know that it's supposed to be a really bad sign, but whatever. Our monthly gas bill just cut IN HALF and people around the country aren't having to choose groceries or gasoline. If they still do have a job, that is. So I will be thankful for the cheap gas while it's here.)
- Peace, Strength, and Grace- from He who is in charge. I'm so glad I'm not.



7 comments:
That's a great list. ((HUGS))
Apparently we're supposed to forget that the Pilgrims had it rough. I told my class that some...(gasp)...died, and a phone call was made to the principal! Serious.
Btw, happy thanksgiving! You make my list every year! :)
And I am sooooo thankful for you, and Joel and my three sweeter-than-sugar grandbabies! Wish we were together today. I love you!!!!
Your Mom
great list! I had to laugh at the brown Uggs and mochas! yummy!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
This is a great list! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!
Sarri, What a sweet list. Even if Thanksgiving Day is over as I type, it's never over to be thankful for these things.
Post a Comment