What? First Day of School? Wasn't that 2 months ago, Sarri?
Well, yes, it was for my kids, my mom, and my friends. But for me, the first day of school was November 3. My friend Paige, asked me to work part time with her as she transitions from full time maternity leave, to part time teaching (currently), to full time again (after the holidays). I agreed- thought it would be a good way to make some Christmas moola and see if I am ready to get back into teaching. I have been observing student teachers for Linfield this fall and have loved being back in the classroom a little with that.
So far, it's been great. The kids are great. The parents are excited to have us there. It has felt so good to be thinking on my feet about subjects my brains hasn't accessed for nearly three years. When I am there, in front of the kids, I am so content.
It's also been a little crazy for me and my family getting used to me working again. I am pretty sure that I am not, in fact, ready to really get back into teaching at this point. I don't really know how to explain it. So, I guess that's all I have to say about that for the moment.
I wish I had a fun picture to go with this post. I got some new school outfits. And SHOES! But honestly, I have been too freaking tired to take a picture.
Two Years
13 years ago



1 comment:
I hear ya sister! Btw, for those out there who don't know Sarri as a teacher...she is fab! I would not want to team teach with any other person! Go team Gibson-Lomas!
Post a Comment