Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I would take a PICTURE, but....

This will be a photo-less blog (and I know those aren't as fun). You'll see why if you read on.

Carter and his 'accomplice' (Molly) were playing nicely and quietly today while I was cleaning up. I was in the same room as them, and after a few minutes I hear a sweet little innocent (NOT) voice say, "UH! OOOOH!" I wish you could hear how darling Carter says this. It really is about the cutest thing in the world. However, when the cuteness is uttered, it is usually because Mr. Cute himself did something extremely naughty.

So I look over at the partners in crime and see that they have effortlessly and quietly figured out how to pull a heater vent out. And they are gawking at the big hole in the floor. I rushed over there, replaced the vent, doled out a fair share of "NO! NO!" and "NOT FOR BABIES!" and went on my way.

A few minutes later, the wheels in my mind started turning (they are creaky from being home for over a year now), and I realized that my camera wasn't on the table by my computer. I popped the vent off again, grabbed a hanger, and went fishing. I pulled out an old film camera that had been sitting in a basket nearby while I had cleaned out the coat closet. I couldn't see anything else. I searched the house high and low for my real camera, and no luck. Finally I asked Carter. "Where's mama's camera?" He walked over to the vent and said, in a low voice, "Doooown." His voice was sad and with a hint of remorse.

I held Carter, looked him closely in the eye, and said, "That is NOT nice. NO taking Mama's camera! NO NO!" He leaned in, eyes wide and serious, and got so close that our foreheads and noses touched. And he just stared at me. (Not extremely productive.)

I grabbed the hanger again and I can feel something down there, but I can't get it! Molly's dad thinks he has a whachamacallit that he can stick down there with claws to pull it out. I hope so! I mean, I wanted a new camera, but I didn't want it to end like this! Plus, it has PICTURES on it!

*Sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is that sweet boy throwing all your cameras down the Hole? Is he trying to tell you something? I remember an episode of Little House on the Prairie where laura gets a dime out of a sewer with gum on a stick. I'm pretty sure the Home Depot crowd has invented a simiar object. I hope you get it back!

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Ah! I hope you are able to recover it (or get a new, better camera out of the deal)!
It was fun to hang out last Sunday, even if Barkley did get a little too friendly. ;)