Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's been a while!

I am so glad to know people read this! I have heard from a few of you that it's been a week since I last posted. What can I say? The weather's been gray, life has been busy, and we've had company as well. I haven't been great about taking pictures the past few days, and honestly all this rain has got me feeling a bit BLAH!

However...we have had some fun this last week, so let's see if I can recap.

Carter has learned about hiding. When we forget to close doors upstairs we hear him calling in a muffled voice, "Mamaaa! MAMA!" And we have to go into all the rooms until we find him shut in my closet in the dark. This time it was the pantry...and it was a game.




Watch those fingers, Buddy!

Maddy had her first sleepover! That was pretty big stuff. One of her bff's came over after the soccer game Friday night, and they had a GREAT time. Joel and I sat in the other room and giggled at all the fun things they said. It made me think of all my sleepover days with Sara, and just miss her so much. I would have loved to pick up the phone and call her to tell her about Maddy and Diana. I am so thankful Maddy has some great friends.


After playing dress up, they played "Webkinz" on the computer. If you don't know Webkinz, you should!


On Saturday, the Gibsons came to visit (Bill, Vanita, Jenell, and Dakota) and to catch one of Maddy's soccer games. They spent the night and Joel and Bill worked really hard on the playhouse/shed Joel is building. (Have I showed any pics of that? It is going to be so cool!) Us girls and the kids got to hang out, visit, and play. It is always so fun and easy to have them here. When it was time to say goodbye on Sunday, Jenell and I decided she needed to stay a couple of more days, so she did! We always have so much fun together!

Vanita and Carter at the soccer field.


Go, Sissy! GO!


Jenell and our boys.


Milk drunk!



Sissy made her FIRST SOCCER GOAL EVER!! In the game on Monday, she SCORED! Unfortunately I missed it. I am still so bummed. The weather was crummy so Jenell and I decided not to take the little boys out in it since they were fighting runny noses. My friend Teresa had Maddy call me right after the big moment. She was SO excited. We all were...it was a LONG time coming! (This is her 4th season!) We were so proud!



Now we are back at it...dealing with the rain, busy schedules, homework, and housework. Okay, not so much with the housework! Have a great week.

2 comments:

neeter said...

The first sleepover! So fun. Pretty soon your house will be run over with giggling girls. I loved sleeping at my bff's house.

Thanks for updating :D

Anonymous said...

I did notice your blogging absence! I know how it is though. Someday when all our insane projects are over, we'd love to either come down and visit you guys or have you up here. It's not enought to only see you at the 4th and the occasional Thanksgiving. BTW, where will you be for Thanksgiving?