Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Let's be Honest here.



We just got the kids to bed after an evening of trick or treating. We had fun, and as you can see, we were the Big 5 of the Wizard of Oz. Joel and I usually don't dress up, but this year we have a costume party, so we thought we may as well do it up right! I have to laugh as I look at this picture though, because we do look like such a happy perfect little family. And we are a happy family- we have a lot of fun and love each other very much, and the majority of the time we do realize how blessed we are......but literally 15 minutes before my dad snapped this picture, Garrett was in full on melt down mode about his costume. ("NO! I want to be an AXE FROG!") My dad was begging him to get it together and Joel and I were threatening Garrett with losing the trick or treating privilege, while in private I was hissing (yes, hissing) at Joel that this whole stupid thing was his idea. (Not entirely accurate, even.) And that is the nice version.

Somehow, although I have no idea how, we pulled it together and had a really fun time trick or treating. Once the candy starting hitting Garrett's bag, he forgot about the Axe Frog (axe from the tin man costume, and frog costume from last year), and was happy to be a tin man. Carter was THRILLED about people giving him a LOT of candy, and Maddy was...well, usual Maddy. Easy, compliant, and filled up her candy bag even though she really doesn't like candy. No kidding.

Hopefully out of all you who read this blog, we aren't the only ones who have moments like these! I am so glad we pulled it together to have a nice evening- Halloween only comes once a year. But I know in years from now when I look at this picture, I will think of where we were 15 minutes before. Oh man.


Trick or Treating Nana Pam.



My boys!



"Trick or Treat, MOM!"


The Happy Family at the end of the evening.


The Ryans stopped by for a quick Halloween greeting. Carter and Molly were so pleased to see each other!




Garrett's favorite part of the evening!



We're tired!

5 comments:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Great pics! You guys ARE pretty cute and wonderful. And yes, behind many of our photos are stories of fits and "hissing." I think it's just called having a normal family. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

You do have a perfect family and you all look darling. Yay Joel! I couldn't pick who was the cutest. . .you all are!! Carter looks sooo big! Hugs!

Hannah said...

I never got around to commenting the first time I looked at these pics. So cute... and a great idea for the five of you. I love all of the costumes. Who knows, in a few years we might need to borrow those. =)

Julia said...

such the cutest family picture. Love that you themed out your costumes. Darling!

And yes, we all have moments like these.

Anonymous said...

You are rocking the homemade costume with these, sista!!