From June 17 . . .
And, it's a wrap. Contrary to what I thought on
Day One, we made it through the week, the month, the semester, and even, the year.
Maddy's year went pretty much exactly how I thought it would. She loved her teacher, so, so much. She had to learn to navigate being a 10 year old girl and being friends with other 10 year old girls. She learned tons of Spanish, excelled in Math, and wrote more stories than I can count. Today, she was so sad, heartbroken even, to say goodbye to 4th grade. It was truly a great year for her.
Garrett's year also went so well. Thankfully, after the transition of that
first week, things improved drastically!
(That post makes me belly laugh even now.) He loves his teacher. He didn't try to ditch school on Spanish days, even speaks a little espanol now and then, and showed his propensity for all things math. He is a full fledged reader now, and a writer as well. He made new friends, grew closer to old friends, and also developed a great sense of independence. I don't know when the last time he begged me, or even asked, to walk him in to school.
Dear Mrs. Muldoon, I've had a great two years with you. I like doing math and writing. Thank you for being my favorite teacher. I hope you have a good summer. By Garrett.
So thankful that it's been a good year for these kids. We're thrilled summer vacation is here, but I have to say it's a little bittersweet.
1 comment:
So thankful for the great teachers they have had! Very proud of M & G and their deligence.
Post a Comment