(from Tuesday, June 8)
It's been a ridiculously cold and wet spring here. I mean, we've had some incredible and gorgeous days in the mix, but in between? Cold and wet. And lots of both.
Somehow, these guys know how to suck up the sun when they can.
Just a few ripe ones daily. There's always a sneaky one out there trying to get the few berries from the day, whether it be a kiddo, a Daddy, or a Papa!
Today, it was these two. They played outside (no rain today, just cool and gray), and I kept checking on them out the windows. Then I couldn't find them. The play structure was bare. The trampoline was still. No one was running in the grass. And then? Sure enough, they were quietly picking (and eating!) berries.
Soon there will be so many that we can't keep up. Evenings when Daddy gets home will be spent catching all the red ripe berries that they can, so I can make jam and crisp and smoothies with the ones that aren't eaten straight off the bush. But this early part of spring always makes me chuckle when we all race for those few fresh berries.
Two Years
13 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment