Today we received our last major piece of paper work before we send our Dossier (collection of documents) to Ethiopia. (It's called a I-171H.) I was pretty excited to see the return address of Department of Homeland Security on the envelope!
Since things keep moving ahead with our adoption, I've decided to come clean. I've been keeping an adoption journey blog. I am the only one who's ever read it, but I've found wonderful resources and even friends in other people's adoption blogs, so I've finally decided to make Paths public.
It's been (and will continue to be), a place for me to get down some of my feelings about the process we're working through. It's a place to keep track of all the steps we've gone through, and a place for me to wrestle with issues that have come up from time to time, and a place for me to have YAHOO!! moments. I have stories and emotions for each time I was pregnant. Each positive pregnancy test, each time I felt a small kick for the first time. Hearing that brand new heart beat. Adopting is different, of course. There isn't a small person growing inside of me, but there is a small person on my mind and in my heart all of the time. This blog has been my way of remembering the small moments that make this process special and memorable to me.
Two Years
13 years ago



5 comments:
You know I love to read your writing, and I really love the adoption blog! It was so sweet to read--I can't wait to read more as you continue on this wonderful journey!
How exciting! A friend got the call last week that she & her hubby are #5 on the list, awaiting a referral, and I started to cry! I'm teared up now for you, friend! One step closer. I'm off to bookmark what I'm sure is to be another fabulous blog!
So...I read your entire Paths blog just now and sobbed the whole way through. Sarri, you are so amazing and your family is so full of love. I love you more than you know and am so happy for you and Joel. I can't wait to meet this new little Gibson.
Today, I had Mom & Dad over for lunch. It is so nice to grab a few normal moments with them. We always talk about you & your babes. She asked about your mom as best she could. She seems to grasp, "Pam & Becky", better than all four of us. She is such a part of our heritage. I think of all five of my Gibbies & the new one to come more often than not! I love you so. . .
What a journey Sarri! I read your new blog from beginning to end and I am in awe of your strength, love, and faith during this process. Here's wishing the Gibsons all the best as you move forward...
Post a Comment