Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Quotes from G

When I am talking sternly to the kids and not up for arguing, I say, "Period.  THE END!"  I got it from my mother, I'm sure, and the kids know this is a cue to stop talking already.  (I'm not saying this is an awesome parenting move.  But sometimes letting the kids know they need to stop RIGHT NOW THIS SECOND is better than the alternative.)

So today in the car, Garrett and Carter were bickering and tensions were rising.  Then I hear Garrett say, "NO, Carter!  PERIOD AT THE END!"  I guess the saying might just evolve a bit before the next generation become parents!

**************************

Tonight I made a soup that had white beans in it, Great White Northern Beans, or whatever.  We eat a lot of black beans around here with tacos, but that's about it.  Garrett had a few in his spoon, took a look at them and said, "Why are all these beans BLANK?!?"

**************************

No comments: