Ok, so I still loved it. (And at the break I ran to Harvest Fresh and got my favorite salad and cookie, so that was definite icing.)
(I apologize for the cruddy pics on this post. I had the wrong lens on and just couldn't get it together.)
Look at that hair go!
Her dance team warm-ups arrived. She was one happy girl!
And that is my completely obvious shift into Student of the Month. Just a few days before PWW, Maddy was given one of the Student of the Month awards for her class. In theory, stuff like SotM makes me crazy. There isn't enough months for all the kids to get them, and I always feel bad for the kids who won't ever get them. Listening to her teacher though, I was so proud of our girl. What a huge blessing she is to us. She is kind, she works hard, and she's (usually!) so responsible. When I think of the fear and uncertainty in our lives just over 10 years ago when we found out she was on her way, I am amazed at the innumerable ways she has blessed us. As a teacher, Student of the Month still makes me crazy, and it certainly doesn't take that for me to be proud of our girl. I know though, that what Maddy does, she does for herself. Not for us, not for awards, and not to compete with her peers. For some reason, she is strongly motivated somewhere deep inside. I can't figure out how a 9 and 1/2 year old can grasp the concept of being responsible for her learning, for her life, but somehow she is. (90% of the time!) I don't know how she is so empathetic, but I do know while I was pregnant with her I prayed for her to have a tender heart. I'm happy for her that her teacher 'gets' her and notices what a great kid she is. So. Congrats to Maddy!
The presentation happened during lunch time. M knew what was coming because one of her friends had just seen the list and told her.










2 comments:
Look at her face! I love it!
Love this post. So proud of my grandbabies and their parents! Maddy reminds me so much of you at that age ... sweet, kind, considerate, responsible, and a hard worker...minus taking at the garbage! xoxoxo
Post a Comment