Anyway. More on that later.
We had a great weekend, following the traditions of 8 out of 9 other Thanksgivings we've spent together. We go to Kelso, spend a warm (literally and figuratively), fun, and full of food day at Joel's grandma's house, and go shopping on Friday. I love that we have this tradition, and that our kids love it too.
This year (and last), Joel has treated me by going to Kelso on Wednesday night, giving me the night off, at home, alone, and then I join the family on Thursday. You all know how wild I am about my kids (and husband), but sometimes I crave alone time. I find that if I get just a few hours, I am a new woman! This worked great this year, as my mom was joining us in Kelso for the day, and our cousin, TL, needed a ride up on Thursday. I spent Wednesday eating take out, drinking a little wine, (just a little!), and making rolls for Thursday. Such a treat to have some quiet time. (Thanks, Joel! xoxoxo)
And now, for some pictures. Again, not great quality! More of, "Yikes, it's Thanksgiving and I really should document it!" pictures. I'm posting them for our far away family who didn't make it this year. (We missed you!!!)
I have an awesome picture of Uncle Doug, fast asleep, but I just can't post it. So, cousins, imagine Uncle Doug fast asleep on Grandma's recliner! (Hilarious.)
Another one for the imagination: Diedre eating pie! (Your welcome, D, although you're gorgeous no matter what.)
I have an awesome picture of Uncle Doug, fast asleep, but I just can't post it. So, cousins, imagine Uncle Doug fast asleep on Grandma's recliner! (Hilarious.)
Another one for the imagination: Diedre eating pie! (Your welcome, D, although you're gorgeous no matter what.)
Joel and his dad working on crossword puzzles. I love how they are all snuggled up on the gigantic couch. So cute.
The kids always love Troy!
Garrett and Jackson in a rare quiet moment!
The Hostess with the Mostess: Big Grandma!
Jenell, Josh, and Baby Boy.
Vanita and Baby Dakota.
TL resting her back.
Mom and me. I hate my face in this picture, but it's all about the documentation, right?
Happy Thanksgiving!











2 comments:
Have I mentioned that Thanksgiving just isn't the same without going to grandmas.
Missed you all.
Great photos. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish you all the best on your journey to Ethiopia. I believe you will have your daughter next Thanksgiving. I also gave you an award, so go over to Oliver's blog to see.
Post a Comment