Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Love, Garrett

Well, the Gibson 5 didn't send out cards this year.  Just didn't get it together.  But Garrett wrote incredible letters to many family members for Christmas.  We saved most of them.  Here is the one he made for us:

Photobucket

It says, "Dear Mom and Dad.  I have sended some presents to you guys and I hope you like them.  Love Garrett.  Have a good New Years."
My present was an empty hearing aid case that he'd taken some time ago from Papa's house.  He said I could keep my money in it.  Joel received several basketball cards rubber banded together.  They were actually cards that Joel had given Garrett last year.

I can't things of many things I like more than 6 year olds.

(And yes, if you've read the post about the stapler, you'll see the irony in this.  Garrett's gift to Madeline included a purple hula necklace, a plastic fire badge, and a 'day chart'* along with a lovely letter about how she is the best sister in the whole world.)


*A day chart is apparently a piece of paper with a grid drawn on it in marker and the words, 'day chart' on the top.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It is incredible how much he uses writing for his daily needs! I love it and love to hear his voice in what he writes! GO GARRETT!