Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Clean Hands

On the way home from preschool, in the car.

Carter:  Mama, my hands are wiiiddddy (really) dirty from painting ice cubes.

Me:  Yep, they sure are.  That means you had really fun though!

Carter:  Yeah, I had a dwwwate (great) day at peesool. (preschool)

Quiet, just driving.

Couple of minutes later:
Carter:  Mama, did you have a bad day?  Because yours hands are clean.  (I love how he always makes 'your' and 'our' and 'her' plural.  "Can we go to hers house?"  "Is ours daddy home?")

If only it were that simple.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEE! HEE! Sounds like a happy boy, for sure!

Mom said...

Oops, that was me...your mother. Bet you figured it out right away!

Hannah (Noel) said...

I love it! Emmett adds "s" to the end of mine and your too. Kind of makes sense in their little mind since many times we do add an "s" to refer to posession. Although Emmett adds it to "help" too - "I need some helps."

Melanie Penelope said...

Love! ♥

Julia said...

totally cute.