The past 10 years have been full. We've been pregnant three times, and have brought three sweet babies home from the hospital. We've lived 3 different places. We've bought homes, made car payments, and even acquired a big freezer for the garage. (If that's not something 'grown ups' do, I don't know what is!) We've earned 2 bachelor's degrees, and 1 master's. We've gotten jobs and quit jobs. We've traveled to Canada, Mexico, Israel (just Joel), several states, and taken our 3 babies to Europe for 5 weeks. And now we're working through the adoption process. We've had moments of great sorrow, and many, many moments of great joy.
As for the title of our blog, I don't think 'they' said that. If they did, it was out of earshot, thankfully! When we got married 10 years ago, ten years (!!!), we were in a bunch of high risk demographics. We were young. We hadn't been dating that long. We were pregnant. Somehow, we knew it was going to be okay. We've built our foundation as a couple while raising our babies, but we've been careful to have a foundation that isn't only our babies. We've worked hard, and we've had more than our fair share of blessings. We knew we could do it, could make it, and we knew we could be really, really, really good together. And we are.
I love you so much, Joel. Happy Anniversary!




13 comments:
How sweet! Happy 10th!!!
You look the same as in your wedding pics! So cute!
Congratulations! It was kind of spooky reading your post because Chris and I will celebrate our 10 year next August and had very much the same beginning as you did. And there were actually people who didn't think we'd even last a year. Happy 10 years!
The strongest memory I have of your wedding is how much you two just radiated love. And, of course, all the laughter. I love that both the love and laughter can still be found in the Gibson house. Love you...
We've loved knowing you guys at all of your stages... dating, engaged, married, pregnant. Congrats! We love you guys.
Happy anniversary!
Love you guys! Love watching all your "stages" and humbled by the grace with which you walk through all of them. Happy 10th (WOW!) Anniversary! We are blessed to call you our friends.
Happy Anniversary!
You know your Auntie Beck always chokes up. . .pretty much at anything that has to do with you, or others I love! I love what Annie said about you moving through your stages with grace. . .so well put! I love you more now than when I first held you. . .you & your family continue to amaze & bless! I'm crazy about you!
You look so young in your wedding picture! (Not that you are old now...just so young looking then) (not that you photograph badly now...) (I am going to quit...) Congrats!
everything is a grace...
like annie said, you and joel live this way.
thank you.
love you.
happy anniversary!
We're coming up on 10 years too. The funny thing is that when we got married I pictured us after 10 years and thought we'd be OLD. I feel the same age. How about you? Also, I'm proud to say I was AT YOUR WEDDING! I was beautiful and such a special day. I'll never forget all of those x-mas trees will billions of tiny lights. Congrats guys!
Sorry about all the typos in that comment!
A very sweet post. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment