Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This and That

Garrett, to me in the car:  There's this girl named, H_____.  And she always comes up to me and James and says this really bad stuff.  And today?  She ran up and called us DORKUS.

a) That's really bad stuff!  b)  I like how G and James are collectively just "Dorkus."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Yesterday I found this posted on the wall of our hallway (which is really turquoise and not locker room blue).  G made it for Carter.  In case you can't tell, it says, "Gud and Bad Chart."  To date, there are 8 smiley faces and 0 "X"s.  This morning I was downstairs preparing breakfast and heard someone gallop down the stairs.  I could tell it was G, so I sat down on the couch and called to him to come snuggle me.  I couldn't see him, and I thought maybe he'd gone to the bathroom.  A few seconds later he came around the corner and snuggled his long limbs up in a ball on my lap.  He told me, "I had to give Carter two smiley faces because he was a really good boy last night when he slept with me."  (They sleep in Garrett's full sized bed nearly every night.)  My heart is nearly bursting as I think of these funny brothers.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last week or so Joel and I were talking.  He said that he felt like I just made plans, and didn't really talk to him about them.  That he kind of felt out of the loop.  It's true, I've been the plans administrator for our family time, and during the week he has virtually no idea (through no fault of his own, usually), what we are up to.  So I've been trying to be better about running possibilities by him, and talking about our days.
Last Night:
Me:  The next few days are going to be crazy.
Joel:  What's tomorrow?
Me:  Well, Allison is subbing for Teresa, so the Eitzen's are going to be here at 7:20.  Then I'll take all the kids to school, and we'll pick up Molly.  Then Molly, Carter, and I will drop Abby off at her preschool.  At 10, I have to observe, so Kim is watching Molly and Carter.  At 11 I'll pick them up, and Aiden too, because she needs someone to watch him for the afternoon.  At 2:30 we'll go get Maddy, Garrett, and Grayson from school, and when we get home, Kim's friend will drop Elliot off, and I'll have her kids and the Ryans until Kim and Judy get done with work.  Wild, huh?
Joel: (pause)  You lost me at 'Eitzens at 7:20.'
Hmm, maybe we'll go back to the 'need to know basis' for the week days?

I should say, that I love having all these kids in and out of my house- I'm not complaining at all.  I don't know what we'd do without these other families and it's an absolute blessing to be part of such an awesome village!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I have to ask: Do you all drive 15 passenger vans and have an endless supply of carseats/booster seats?? :)

I miss you guys.

Paige Lomas said...

HA...sounds like our family.

CB said...

Jeff would have the same reaction as Joel! I'm still laughing (and the boys are wondering why I have tears streaming down my cheeks...) TOO FUNNY!

We get the Eitzen's tomorrow. So should I tell Jeff that he gets to drive them to school? Naa, he'll figure it out when he gets in the car and it is about 12 bazillion decibels with the four boys jabbering!!!

Michelle said...

That is too funny! Tom would have said the same thing. That's why we are moms! We are able to keep most of the craziness straight! :)