Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween

We love Halloween being on Saturday!  We had such a fun weekend.  Joel's parents came down, along with his sister and Baby Dakota.  Various people joined us for different parts of the weekend- both my parents, the Ryans, and the Eitzens here and there too!
Photobucket

Maddy was a fortune teller/gypsy, inspired by Family Fun Magazine.  We were thrilled with how it turned out!  About 2 hours before trick or treating officially begun, things were a little dicey with the crystal ball, and we'll just say it took a small marital dispute, several rubber bands, an electric drill, and 2 papas to get it together.  She was thrilled with it though!  I was thrilled because her whole ensemble probably cost about $15.  Garrett was 'Dark' Vader.  I found it hilarious that none of his total Star Wars fan friends corrected him that it's actually 'Darth.'  His costume total was not $15, but he will definitely get a lot of use out of his black pants/shirt that I got him and the light saber.  (Otherwise know in the Gibson house as a light 'saver.')  And Carter, sweet, hilarious, Carter was a monkey.  Which I've wanted him to be since Halloween of '06.  He actually picked it himself, and he was darling in it.  He loves it!  It was from Old Navy and only cost me $8.50!  Not that anyone really cares, but I was pretty proud of my frugal-ish Halloween, AND my kids were thrilled with their costumes.

Photobucket
This one cracks me up because while we were taking a million pictures, G shot out his light saver and everyone jumped a little.  Madeline is giving him the look here.

Photobucket
Halloween was extra fun this year- having all 4 grandparents here, plus we got to spend time with friends.  We ran into The Eitzens at our first stop, and then got to spend a little more time with them later.

Photobucket
The Ryans joined us for the evening and that was quite fun!

Photobucket
Baby Dakota had was a darling St. Bernard, and Papa Bill bowed to the kids wishes and had his face painted like a scary jack-o-lantern.

Photobucket
At one point I overhead Molly say, "Carter, this is the best Halloween ever!"

Photobucket
More friends!


Photobucket
G and Joel discussing the art of trick or treating.  Somehow, G came away with more candy than either of his siblings.  Again.  (He's got a sweet tooth just like his daddy.)

Photobucket
It was, shockingly, and fairly warm and completely dry night.  It didn't take long for Carter to lose his monkey hood and G to lose his hood and mask.  I love this pic of them posing for one grandparent or another.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I should have changed my lens here- I couldn't get far enough away to show all the candy!  They were pretty cute in here sorting and counting and chatting.

Photobucket
It looks like they were eating nachos here, but really they were just biding their time until they could have more candy.  Next up?  Sugar comas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ty had a frugal costume as well. He put on some black sweats and black turtleneck that he had in his dresser. Then he pulled the turtleneck up over his mouth and nose, and declared that he would be a ninja! I bought a pin on etsy, a sword at Walmart, and a do-rag for his head. Bargain! But so fun!

Julia said...

love Mad's costume. Did she ever get tired of carrying around the crystal ball?