He answered, "It's rockin' out the party now."
Um, thanks, Mr. Hannah Montana? (By the way, that was 2.5 hours of badly needed bliss today.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone who knows Carter at all knows that he always tells his loved ones to "Drive SEEEEFE!" whenever he leaves. Tonight when I tucked him in he was so sleepy and sweet. He could barely keep those sweet blue eyes opened and he said to me, so quietly, with his little pudgy hand on my cheek, "Night Night Mama. Have a good night sleep . . . and sleep seeeefe!" Oh, he can be such a little charmer. (And other times he punches me in the face. Not so charming!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joel's gone this week. It is not awesome! We miss him, the kids are all just a little 'off', some of us more than others. A certain 3 year old (I won't name names here!) punched me in the face this evening, that was something new! Clenched teeth and everything! I repeat, "NOT AWESOME." I've been having a big ol' pity party all week over the whole stupid thing too. We're all just in a funk and can't quite get pulled out of it. I completely realize how pathetic and ridiculous that is. It's been a week! Some people apparently do this ALL OF THE TIME. Or their husbands are in harm's way and all of that yucky stuff. My husband is doing computer stuff and playing pool in the greater Boston area. And eating a lot, evidently. (I heard someone say 'evidently' today, and I realized that I never use it. I always use apparently, but 'evidently' has a lot of merit, and you'll find me putting it to work frequently around here.) (I realize it seems like I use parenthesees a lot here, but in all acutality, I use them far less than I'd like to! I have entire conversations in my head with parenthesees, but I edit it all out, because it seems a litte too much, even in this, my very own blog.) When we talk he goes on and on and on about all the (free to him) fabulous meals he's eating there. And I try to be all glad that he's being fed well, but the thing is, Joel, I feed you pretty well, generally. Homemade pesto bread! Bleu cheese potatoes, grown in your own backyard! From scratch banana muffins! So what's with all the food talk? Maybe if you'd expand my grocery budget I could do even better! Plus, I'm not eating that great here! No one is feeding me, unless you count the Little Ceasar's crust that Carter let me have tonight. So that makes me a little grumpy (needy!), and then I am also really irritated that I MISS HIM SO MUCH! (Needy!) I'm independent! We're an equal team! I'm secure and strong and INDEPENDENT. (And also? Needy, evidently*.) And then my phone rings and I throw the kid who is sitting on my lap out the window and trample the others just to gettothephonebeforehehangsupohmyword.
So. There are a few things I'm really thanking God for tonight.
-that Joel doesn't travel a lot
-that I have a husband who I like being around
These are in addition to the usual, "Thank you for letting me live during electricity and flush toilets."
*so glad I looked up the spelling of my new favorite word, after using it like 5 times. I'd been spelling it wrong the entire time! That wouldn't have been humiliating! Throwing around 'evidentALLY' for an entire blog post. Not awesome!



7 comments:
Sarri, for 5 1/2 years my husband traveled four days (in a row) out of every 4 weeks. He too ate well at fancy restaurants and felt the need to describe each delicious morsel that he consumed. Then we had a child and it was even worse. I do not blame or judge you for being just a little needy! You are one tough cookie and I know you'll make it through!
P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a child that will punch his mama.
I was going to post a funny comment, but evidently my brain has shut off for the night (and yet I sit here vegging on the computer...)
Oh, and I think that you should have put (a few) more parentheses in your post...and maybe some (what are they called...) ellipses. (Isn't hat what ALlison called them???)
Several things...
We need a photo of your new 'do!
I love your usage of NOT AWESOME!
What exactly is wrong with having conversations with yourself and/or using parentheses??
I'm sure anyone who reads my blog thinks I overuse ellipses and parentheses. It's our prerogative (says Bobby Brown!) :)
I once felt so sorry for myself that my husband had to work ONE weekend a MONTH (and he was home at night!) that I broke the vacuum. Not proud of that. And also, don't think I could handle it if he traveled for work. At all. Hang in there and feel free to make a few extra Starbucks stops this week.
First of all, I don't think we need to remind you that it's okay to take a few extra trips to Starbucks!! Pretty sure that's a given! ;) Also, you're funny when you're kinda cranky. :) And I agree - getting puched in the face is NOT awesome!! It's happened over here too...still, picturing sweet little Carter full on punching you in the face kinda made me have to hold back a little giggle. Because I know how PRECIOUS he usually is...it's a little comforting to know he has his typical 3 year old moments too. If you ever want to feel better, call me and I'll tell you whatever the latest thing is Callum has pulled. Also not awesome. I love you and am praying for you my dear friend! I know it's rough to have your guy gone and it's okay to be in a funk - please post a picture of your new hair!! I'm going to call you later.
My hubby has been gone for a week and just got back last night. I hear ya, not fun and everyone has the right to be a little needy.
Post a Comment