
Madeline had her year end dance recital yesterday evening. Earlier in the day had been the dress rehearsal. Maddy did a good job with that, but didn't look super confident and had a couple of mistakes. Of course I thought she was awesome and I was so proud of her, but she was pretty nervous for the big show. Well, once the pressure was poured on she definitely came through! She had great stage presence, was so confident, and remembered her steps and spots. She looked so grown up out there! The pics I took were all during the rehearsal, and the videos were during the recital. You can definitely see how much more 'in her element' she was at the recital! She had her BFF Diana switched dance schools last year, and they've worked SO hard this year. I am so proud of them both!
Ballet:
Tap:
Another fun thing about recitals in a small town is that you know a lot of the other dancers' families. One of Carter's BFFs, Abby, had her debut last night. She was D-A-R-L-I-N-G. Carter was so excited to get to see her dance. He kept telling me he didn't know she'd be dancing with the big girls!



4 comments:
Maddy has beautiful poise (just look at she holds her head, shoulders and arms in the ballet dance). Beautiful!
Watching this makes me miss dance and wish (just the tiniest bit) that I had a little budding dancer in my house...
Maybe I should teach a class or two - looks like the studio could use some help with the tap technique...
;-) Thanks for sharing this!
Loved watching the videos and will post some of ours when I get a chance. I especially loved the ballet when you were whispering to someone about how Courtney was sweet with Maddy and you're friends with her mom. ;) Courtney just smiled and said that was sweet. Loved their recital last night, but I am partial to the ballet one with Court en pointe. So glad that Maddy will be joining her on the team next year.
I love those girls! And of course, I love the picture of Abby. She sure loved performing--not that you could tell from the giant smile on her face! I'm pretty happy to be experiencing the dance recital from the "other side" of the stage finally.
So cute! And I agree that Maddy has great poise...her hands, head and everything!
I'm guessing with some confidence that that is the Linfield stage?
Post a Comment