Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Compassion Update

When we went back- 15 minutes after we'd just seen him- he was gone. So now there is a white Safeway bag full of Garrett's goodies in our fridge and the plan is to grab it whenever we go out and about- just in case.

We did drive around for a few minutes, hoping we could see him riding off somewhere (probably in the woods behind my house. Ooops did I just type that out loud?) but no luck. Garrett said, "It doesn't have to be THAT poor man, it could be ANY poor man!" Okay then.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, that hurts my heart! I love that he went with the flow though. And you never know, you just might see that guy again. Especially if he frequents the Starbucks drive thru. Because I have heard you go there every once in a while.

Ms Amanda said...

Those are the moments when you have to know you're doing it right!
He is a sweet boy and lucky to have a mom who is able to step outside the box, even when she's uncomfortable.

Unknown said...

I think God gives us kids to keep our hearts from getting too hard, but he also gives kids parents to keep them safe as we learn the balance in compassion. Good luck! Let me know if you figure it all out!!