Strawberry time! I've noticed lately that my blogs throughout the year repeat themselves (more than) a little bit. So, it's mid-June, which means it's time to pick berries! Today we had Grayson and Molly with us, so the six of us headed out for a half of an hour or so at the berry patch. We had another engagement, so we would have stayed longer- they were doing great! Actually, the 3 big kids were doing great, but Molly and Carter weren't so into filling the buckets. At one point Molly had a few berries bouncing around in there, but pretty soon she was all, "Sarri! There's no berries in my bucket!" (Except in her cute, funny little 3 year old voice.) Carter got about 20 berries, and then decided to go sit in the car.
They all ate a bunch, and so far we've enjoyed them fresh and plain, in a milkshake, and I've made some freezer jam. But the best thing was Carter and I sitting in his birthday helicopter eating bowls of fresh strawberries with just a little TJ chocolate syrup on them while we chatted. I have no pictures of that because I was too busy soaking in his little freckles, memorizing the silhouette of his little nose, and listening to him chatter about how good the chocolate was and how he didn't know I was going to put chocolate on it, and wow he really loves chocolate.
I can't really think of anything better than this time of year.



3 comments:
The fact that over 23,000 people have read your blog...you should not be concerned with your blogs repeating themselves. I think you have us hooked to just about anything you are saying...and mis-spelling. We seem to not mind.
WOW! I am super impresssed! What a talented daughter I have! Love that the kids are out in a strawberry field surrounded by zillions of berries! What a wonderful experience!!!! YUM!
My favs are the photos of Molly & the buckets. So clever!
It's so strange to think our strawberry season was back around the beginning of the month. I love this tradition too!
Post a Comment