
When each of my kids have turned 3 (or shortly thereafter), my mom has made them a quilt for their big kid bed.
Madeline's is old fashioned pastels,
Garrett's is retro transportation, (
can also see it partially here) and tonight Carter opened his- sock monkeys, of course! Oh, I love how it turned out, and more importantly, Carter did too. He's always been our little monkey, ever since I was 12 weeks pregnant and the ultra sound tech told us that not only was he healthy (I'd had a scare), but that he was, in fact, a
HE.

This picture cracks me up
(even though they aren't that great because I miss my 50mm lens SO FREAKING MUCH), because they capture his funny little spirit. His pj shirt that he's had on all day long. ("Do you want to get dressed Carter?" "No Mama, me FINE!"), his backwards unders (he likes the 'show' in the front- makes me laugh every single time), and his 'smile' he breaks out when the camera appears.

He's still my baby, but today I watched an actual baby and I realized how big Carter really is getting. He's older than both the Bigs were when they became Bigs.

Then he opened the second package . . .
A matching pillow sham!
All snuggled in for the night- with Georgie and Pearly, of course.
Thank you Nana, for the awesome quilt! It's so perfect.
3 comments:
Oh my, I am laughing SO hard right now at the "show in the front" comment. You will have fun with that comment for years to come! Love the quilt and looks like he does too. It is really special having moms that are able to make homemade keepsakes for the kids. My kids always treasure that stuff too.
Thanks, Sarri! What a sweet blog entry! I do love that little monkey!
I ADORE the picture of your mom and Carter wrapped up in the quilt!
~Alison
Post a Comment