Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I 'heart' Farmers Market


. . . but you already know that because I wrote about it a million times last summer. And, I write about it on Facebook! I'm sorry. I don't know what it is. It's so fun to see neighbors and friends that I need to see more. My kids were so patient as I visited, they just hunkered down in the shade with their treats. I hardly even bought anything today- I, um, don't really need any more CHARD right now, since I don't even know what to do with this.

And it's so early in the season, it's pretty much strawberries and chard/kale/? right now.

But the kids and I always share a lemonade or two.

And a macaroon or two (plus we get one for Daddy).

And I found a great old couple who were selling organic stuff for CHEAP. (Right behind the bbq guy, on the grass.) I got 4 big yellow onions and a bunch of rhubarb for $3!! (My FAVORITE cake recipe to follow . . . ) I think that helps my average of how much the lemonade and macaroons cost (too much, don't ask, but totally worth it). I'll definitely go back to their stand- they also had a ton of perenials. Also some tomato plants. Go see them, for sure. They were so sweet. (AND CHEAP.)

4 comments:

Allison said...

I think that talking about farmer's market is much preferable to the current topic of my blog: barf. (Which was also, embarrassingly, the topic of four posts last May, I discovered.) We didn't get to go, but I can't wait to go when everyone is well!

Brambleberry said...

Can't wait for the recipe! Tis the season!

Ms Amanda said...

You can always send some spare chard my way. ;)

Your Mother said...

sigh...9:01, checking for new blog. none. sad.