Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Madeline Jane!

I can't believe that our baby girl is 9 years old. It's unreal that 9 years have passed since she entered our lives. That 9 years have passed since we began the journey of being parents.

It's unreal that we are half done having her at home with us, half done raising her.

I love being Madeline's mom. There is so much to love. She's sweet, so empathetic, and thoughtful. Also, she's hilarious- sarcastic and spunky. She's a pleaser- she likes to make people happy which I recognize as being simultaneous an awesome trait and a scary one.

Maddy is such an incredible big sister. I remember being so worried about her before G was born- would she be okay? Would being a sister be too hard for her? Instead, being a sister has seemed to make Maddy whole- she loves her brothers like they are an extention of herself. She usually prefers being with them to being alone. There are times though, when she shuts herself in her room and plays with her dolls for hours. I love what a vivid imagination she has.

Oh Madeline, I love you so. I love the smart, beautiful, sweet, and funny girl you are. I can't stand how fast you are growing up, but I am so excited to see what the future holds for you. I know there are so many wonderful things in store, and I am honored to be a part of that. I am so blessed to be your mama.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so sweet! I also appreciate (NOT!) that you pointed out you are half done raising Maddy as that means I have even fewer years of raising Courtney left. Oh, wow. Really didn't need that reminder. Anyway, Maddy is a beautiful girl and I'm sure the future has great things in store for her.

Paige Lomas said...

Happy Birthday to You Maddy!

Ms Amanda said...

It goes so fast you can't believe it, but clearly you appreciate the chance to be her mom! Lucky for all of you.