Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

East Coast: Day 3

We had a full day on Friday. (You can also see pics here, here, and here.)
First, we picked up Joel from his work and headed north to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. After a few GPS dead ends, we found The Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves. We drove past the entrance, and as we were about to do a u-turn, there was a Mom and Baby Moose crossing the road RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. It was so cool and we sat for a while and watched them drink.


Then we headed to the hike. It was so interesting, thrilling, and scary all at the same time. The water was so high that many of the caves were closed. The railings were all sturdy and adequate, but we sure never let go of Carter's little hand. The sheer power of the water pouring through the gorge was overwhelming. So beautiful though.





Then we headed east towards Portland. We drove through downtown, but I don't have any pictures.
On the south end of Portland, we came across this old fort that had a small, rocky beach. We'd been in the car a long time and needed to stretch our legs, plus the evening light was amazing.








And finally, we found our Maine Lobster at The Lobster Shack, south of Portland just a bit in Two Lights.


It was such an amazing evening, and the restaurant was in an incredible location so I couldn't resist playing with my camera and shutter settings. After some that didn't turn out so great, I got a few I was happy with:


3 comments:

Stacy said...

You have such a great eye for beautiful pics...be it the kids or your surroundings! I love looking at them!

Brambleberry said...

Your photos are breathtaking!! I love how you've captured the spirit of adventure. Glad you had fun!

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

I love your photos! The 'artsy' ones are really beautful! I sort of feel like my eyes got a little vacation on the East Coast.