Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

April



Things I love about April. Or at least this particular weekend in April:

  • Blue Sky. Welcome back, Blue Sky! I'd forgotten how lovely you are!)
  • Daffodils in the sunshine
  • An entire day in the back yard
  • A family walk to Wilco, Starbucks in hand

  • Baby Chicks at Wilco
  • Garden beds cleaned out, cultivated, waiting for veggies!
Before

After
  • A garden planted (halfway, but still!)
  • My babies playing and laughing together
  • Neighbor kids coming over to jump
  • flip flops
  • flip flop 'tan' on the feet (ok, so really, it's flip flop blistering sunburn right now, but trying to keep this post positive!)
  • Sunny soccer game (turns out to be much more enjoyable that soccer games in 40 degree monsoons)
  • "Mom, is it warm enough to play in water?" (NO!)
Things we have to look forward to in April:
  • 1st Annual Playgroup Egg Hunt (I'll need to think of a more clever name. And it's not necessarily going to happen every year.)
  • Easter
  • DISNEYLAND!
  • My birthday (31), while in DISNEYLAND!
  • More soccer
  • More sunshine (please???)

Welcome, April! We are so ready for you!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I'll second the soccer with blue skies. SO nice. My kids asked today if they could play in the sprinklers too! What funny kids.

CB said...

I actually worn a tank top and flip flops all day and ate the yummiest first-of-the-season grilled hot dogs at a first-of-the-season potluck BBQ. Yummy. Bring on Summer!!! Oh, wait, I guess we have 3 more months of potentially rainy days until summer will actually reach the PNW.

Michelle said...

Hooray for DISNEYLAND! We are counting down the days too...just 10 left for us. My birthday is the week after. :) We enjoyed the sun too this weekend after the Courtney's LAST science fair project ever was completed. Something to really celebrate! :)

Stefanie said...

When are you going to Disneyland? We are going the 23rd - 26th of April! Just me and Daphne that is...