Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

You'll Have to Just Imagine This One

Today I got this email from Madeline's teacher...

Zelma is going to play her violin today…she asked me if it was “OK for Diana and Maddy to dance while I played?”

So, this morning we will have quite the performance!



And a while later...

Well, after the performance in our room, the girls were so inspired to head down the hall for a “tour”. I am not sure who the manager was, but they managed to take their performance up and down the halls of Columbus. Imagine…Zelma with her violin case, Maddy, Alyssa and Diana carrying music stand, music and they were all smiles…heading down the hall. Zelma plays a very impressive violin, during Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star the girls sing backup, then the other songs, Diana does a tap-Scottish-jig with some clapping involved, Maddy does some major ballet moves and Alyssa does some graceful balancing…they represent the best of interpretive dance!

So far I know they have performed for 2nd grade, the office staff, Music teacher, 2 kinder classes and there might just be more… J

This is for the Denney Family…

Zelma said, “Mrs. Lomas, I am done playing but Diana feels like dancing some more. Can I play another song?”

Mrs. Lomas replied, “Of course!”

I wish I had a hidden video camera; these girls were imaginative, responsible, creative and resourceful. I am almost sure they would not have done as well if they had been filmed. So all in all, it has been a wonderful morning with many smiles.

I have to add that the rest of the class was speechless, all eyes and only boys had questions for them at the end.

You know the commercial:

Violin: $100 and lessons

Ballet classes: $200

Performance: priceless!

Happy Holidays!

I wish we could have witnessed that, but I am so thankful that Sissy has a teacher willing to share with of us how she enjoys our girl.

4 comments:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

That IS priceless. I seriously an chocked up! How precious is Maddy! I love that she is confident and has good friends that are also bold enough to share their talents. And it is a blessing that her teacher takes time to share with you. Hope you guys have a great weekend. We love you! Tell Maddy I'm so proud of her and I wish I could've been there too.

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Oops! I meant to say "choked" up.

Sarah said...

Oh my my my, I laughed harder reading that blog entry than I have in a long time. Even Tim enjoyed the outloud version of it. I'm impressed that the teacher let them go on "tour". I guess I taught middle school too long, that would have been a recipe for disaster had it been eighth graders!!

Becky said...

How did we get so lucky to get this precious girl?! Don't you wish we could all take that confidence into adulthood!! Thanks for sharing! Love you all!