Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

No Really! This is BIG news!

My fun friend Danielle just told me about this site that turns your blog INTO A BOOK! Get OUT! Shut UP! I know, RIGHT? You moms who somehow are able to scrapbook, sort photos, craft, cook, AND change diapers may not be interested, but if anyone else out there is like me (totally overwhelmed) and has barely touched any of your kids baby books, this may be a great way to document what a fun, rich, and unforgettable childhood you really are giving your children. (OR to remember your adventures while teaching in Ecuador, OR to someday relive learning a language that has absolutely no similarities to English, OR to keep track of your exciting building project, or whatever!!) I think the books look gorgeous, and they are decently priced- YAY! I haven't dug too deep into it, but it looks pretty cool.

In other, somewhat related news...I HEART the internet. Isn't it cool? How amazing it is that our kids are growing up with things like 'email' and 'let's look it up online' and 'Google Earth' just being commonplace. This week I've IMed my dad in SE Asia with video cam, received an email from Micah who is living in Montenegro (which is WHERE?), and TALKED to Danielle in Ecuador (she was talking to her computer via Skpe...no idea how that works!). Isn't that seriously nuts? 4 continents communicating? Really? A few weeks ago we had dinner with Dorothy VanArsdel who told us that when SHE was in college (many decades ago), her whole family MOVED and she didn't know it! Moved- to a whole different town! After they got settled her dad made a trip to her college town to inform her of the change of address. And here we are- in her lifetime- instantly communicating CONTINENTS apart. I know I sound old...but let's face it, I am nearly 30. (And I'm killing a little time while my Christmas cookies bake.)

Night!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Grandma V will love to hear that you referenced her on your blog! So cool!!!!