Pages

Monday, December 3, 2007

Hey Dad...Here's What You're Missing:


Dad, this is on the first corner of Gopher Valley- across from the big white barn.


A drowning orchard. Dad- by that bright red house.


Main Street of Sheridan.


All of the houses on Main Street were like this. You can see sort of in the background where the river is 'supposed' to be, but usually it is about 10 feet lower or so.


Check out those trees that are halfway underwater! They are usually on the river bank.


The kids and I had a few hours to kill today so we drove out to Sheridan. The PacNW is currently getting SLAMMED by a wind and rain storm. I just heard that the largest Sitka Spruce in the nation fell victim to this storm. Who doesn't have a picture there?!?!

I've never seen Sheridan (where I grew up) like this. They CLOSED Main Street as we were leaving town because of the water.

So to all of you enjoying crisp fall weather, gorgeous snowy weather, or 75 and sunny....enjoy. It looks like we are in for several more days like this.

No comments: