

For the past 9 years my mom, our friend Kim, and I have always gotten our trees together. The tradition started when Kim and I were still single. The group started with just the 3 of us, and this year was 9.5! (The point 5 is because Kim is expecting.)
Sunday was the only day we could all do it, and it was also one of the windiest, rainiest, and just plain nastiest days of the year. We all agreed that we didn't have a need to do our usual trek and cut down our own, but instead we drove to this little red barn between Newberg and Carlton and got one that was already cut. It was a cute little place, so we still felt festive. We still got soaked in the process. I'm telling you- NONE of us have EVER picked out a tree so fast- usually it takes hours.




Seriously- can you get a sense of what a WET day it was?!?!?
We all went to my mom's after. The guys got mom's tree up, the kids watched a Christmas movie, and Kim and I made a Starbucks run!



3 comments:
I love how Maddy is stuggling Carter in that picture. Even though you had to brave the down-pour, I can see how the tree decorated, starbucks, good friends, and a Christmas movie made it worth it! :)
Ooops! I meant to say, "snuggling" Carter. ;)
I didn't know Kim was expecting!! How fun is that!?!
Post a Comment