Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

This BOY!


Carter has been so funny lately. He just seems so BIG all of the sudden. Here are some of his latest antics:

-Last week he had a nasty cough, but wasn't completely sick. Joel and I had to teach Sunday School in Garrett's class, so we just kept Carter with us instead of taking him to the nursery. He was so hilarious running around with the 4 and 5 year olds. He really thought he was the same age and size as them. He played trains, listened to the story, colored and had snack- just like a big boy.

-Carter loves to pretend he is asleep. It is so funny, and often he does it when we are trying to talk to him. I think it's his way of ignoring us. Naughty!


-The other morning I was working in the kitchen while Molly and Carter were finishing up their applesauce. I heard some baby giggles, and looked at Carter to see that he had given his hair an applesauce 'treatment.' He was quite proud of himself. Molly followed suit soon after- into the tub they both went!


-Yesterday I took Garrett and Carter to get long overdue haircuts at the local cheap chain hair place. I was undecided about getting Carter done- I just didn't think he would go along with sitting still in a strange chair while a strange lady cut his hair. So Garrett went first and did great. He knows the drill, but it was still really cute to watch him, I could tell he loved his hair cut- he just grinned at his reflection the entire time. When he got done, the lady let him have a candy cane.
So then I asked Carter if he wanted a turn at the hair cut. He didn't do his usual grunting, "HUH UH!" (which means NO!), so we sat him in the chair. The lady said, "If you sit really still you can have a candy cane like your brother!" I was thinking she was nuts. Carter is only 1.5- surely not old enough to understand about behavior and rewads! But sure enough. He sat more still than I've ever seen him. And he just stared at that basket of candy canes. She gave him a darling haircut and afterward, I put him down and he headed straight toward the candy. Who knew?!?! I was so bummed I didn't have my camera with me, but here are some of the finished product.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I loved being able to talk and catch up with you last night. It was so much fun to hear what has been happening in your life! The website I was telling you about, to make your own blog book, is www.blurb.com. It looks like you do some really wonderful things.

Your kids are precious and I am sure fill your life with non-stop adventure.

Happy holidays!
Danielle

Judy said...

That boy cracks me up! I mean our big boys were super cute in their own right when they were babies, but Carter is definitely Mr. Personality! Love him to pieces!!!