Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Day

I've been putting off doing our blog of Christmas Day. We had a lovely day and I took SO many pictures and we did SO much that it is a little overwhelming!

This year a rare thing occurred for the holidays. Nearly my entire family (mom's side) from Idaho joined us for Christmas! It is no easy feat to get them all over here, between the bad roads, the hustle and bustle this time of year, and both of my grandparents being in their 80s, we usually just greet each other over the phone. It was such a blessing to have them here for a few days. And then, on Christmas Day, we were lucky enough to have Joel's family join us as well. It was really special to have everyone here, under our roof for a big dinner and lots of visiting, laughing, and sharing. Our kids were funny, sweet, and good, and we loved sharing them with so many people who love them.

The 'cherry on top' was when we looked out the window midway through the morning and it was snowing big fat flakes. That NEVER happens in Oregon on Christmas Day- NEVER! It didn't stick around, which was fine with us since the Gibsons had to drive home that night and the Neeley Clan left on the 26th.

Snow!

Here are a few highlights from our special day...


Christmas Morning Tradition...waiting on the steps.



Carter loves his shopping cart from Santa.


Garrett and his new bike



Maddy's not one to waste good ribbon!



Papa is giving Maddy a little advice.


Bissy has a great surprised look, doesn't she?


Garrett was such a happy boy!


"Thank You, Big Grandma!"


The whold crew at dinner- our house.


Sissy was thrilled to get "Kit" from Santa...and matching pjs!


Keeping with tradition, all the "Neeley Girls" had matching pjs. My mom even got them for Sissy and cut them down for her. She was thrilled! Garrett called the pj day, "P'Neeley Day!" He told everyone, "It's a pajama party, and I'm invited too, even though I don't have the pajamas."



After dinner the whole crowd gathered in the living room for some Wii action.


Even Grammy did Wii Bowling! Yahoo!


Our kids finally got to open their last presents after 9pm. It was a long day!

3 comments:

neeter said...

I am so happy that you had everyone around. What a memory!

Julia said...

Hosting Christmas at your house! Wow. I bet you are glad you are an only child and Joel only has one sibling. Imagine how packed it would be if it were my family!

Anonymous said...

So many wonderful memories, but I especially adore the matching pj's! You have a beautiful family, Sarri.