Anyway, here is what we've been up to the past week...
Suckers...Carter crawled on the table the day after Halloween, and found not one, but TWO yummy suckers. He was quite proud. (And very sticky.) He is SO busted in this picture though!

Saturday was Maddy's last soccer game of the season. She also announced it was the last soccer game of her life. We'll see. A year from now Garrett will be playing too, so don't worry Joel fans- the Gibson Five still has a LOT of soccer in our future. The first picture is of the view of the soccer fields here in town. I love coming over the hill on a crisp fall morning and seeing this- it just reminds me of how much I love where we live. This morning was a little foggy, but you get the idea.


Maddy's favorite thing about soccer- socializing!

Maddy did have a great season. We were so lucky that she had an awesome coach, and she grew so much as a player. She always had a great attitude and we are so proud of her.
Carter and Garrett love being down at the soccer fields too.

He figured out how fun it is to roll on a ball.

Almost every game, Garrett would 'suit up' in Maddy's older soccer stuff. He's so ready!

Also on Saturday....Joel's car ran out of gas. With me driving. After I called him to make sure there was enough gas for the errand I had to run. We are laughing about it now though. (Right, Honey? xoxo)

Saturday Night, Joel and I headed to a Post Halloween Costume party. We had a blast!

On Sunday we finally got together with Joel parents, sister, and our nephew to celebrate Jenell's birthday. It was fun getting to visit and eat yummy Chinese food too.


Such big boys.

Yesterday, I put Carter in my bed because I was washing his bedding. He usually gets really mad when I leave him alone in my bed, but I gave him a few books and left to get Garrett down for a nap. I came back 5 minutes later to find this...


I was faced with a dilemma- get downstairs, clean up from lunch, do the dishes, work on the laundry, pick up the playroom and put away the shoes, OR crawl in those soft flannel sheets with that warm little baby? Life is short and dishes keep. (They really do, trust me.) I moved Goodnight Moon, and snuggled in, just for a bit before getting back to Life.



4 comments:
Snuggling in is almost always the right choice. He isn't my warm baby boy, but I think I would have done the same thing. =)
I agree with you and Hannah...always choose the snuggles! Our little ones will be big and not-so-snuggly soon enough. I proud of you for letting the dishes sit and enjoying one of the blessings of being with our kids. :)
I love the look on Carter's face with the lifted sucker!
You're right; it is beautiful here.
And I love your sheets.
I love that, rain aside, you love the PNW as much as I do. And boy do I know dishes keep. They keep quite a while around here some days! Turns out, we'll be in utah for Thanksgiving. We'll miss you guys though.
Post a Comment