Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Day in Kelso



As I mentioned, we headed up to Kelso this weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving and visit with Joel's parents. Before dinner on Thanksgiving day, I made my crew tramp out in the woods by Bill and Vanita's in hopes of taking a picture that could be used for our Christmas cards this year. I figured we were all somewhat dressed nice with hair fixed, our clothes didn't completely clash, and we had a few minutes. Jenell was a great sport and did everything I instructed her to do. (I can be a bit bossy, if I need to be!) Growing up an only child, I am still learning things about 'big' families now that I have a family of 5. The newest thing I learned is that it is nearly impossible to get a fabulous picture of all family members at one time. My little boys are determined to not be caught in any pose that I would like to share with the rest of the free world.

Case in point...

Carter spotted something.... maybe a plane?


You may think this one is cute, from a distance. (Who doesn't look good from a distance?)

BUT, when you look closer at the copy I cropped...
I guess that does tell you a little about Garrett's personality!


Maybe we should just go for the silly look since that's what we seem to be getting?


There were a few I could live with, so we'll see. Stay tuned.

We had a fun time up in Kelso. It is always so good to get together with that group and just visit and relax! It was a small gathering this year, but we had fun, ate a TON, (there was literally 1 pie per adult), played games, and just got caught up with one another.

Baby Dakota and I were snuggling on the couch. He completely fell asleep, and I almost did. He was so warm and cuddly!


Sissy and Garrett loved Aunt Jenell's old Lite Brite! Carter actually loved it too. I think Grandma will be finding little Lite Brite pegs all over her house for months to come.



Joel was thrilled to get a little snooze in. Haha!


The kids are staying at the Gibson's until tomorrow because Joel and I are working on a project here at home. More about that (and pics) soon!

5 comments:

Brambleberry said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!

The family pictures are adorable...I especially love the one with Garrett's tongue hanging out...gotta love the spunk of a little guy!!

Brambleberry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brambleberry said...

Ooops...that was me, posting twice, and then deleting. Sorry!

(can't wait to see the house pics!)

Julia said...

So sad we missed it! Did you go shopping on day 2 @ Clackamus?

Sarah said...

I laughed out loud at your family portrait commentary. I always have to take about 20 photos (seriously) to get a good one. Hah!