Pages

Friday, September 7, 2007

Up to the Highest Heights!

Last week Maddy and Garrett got to go flying with Papa Ed (aka Papa Vroom Vroom!). It was super early in the morning- calm air, very little air traffic- just a beautiful day! Maddy went first. She made it clear that she didn't want anything fancy- no steep turns, nothing. She loved it though, and was grinning ear to ear when it was over.

Ready to GO!


Taxiing


Up, Up, and AWAY!



Garrett watching.


Next it was Garrett's turn! He WANTED to do some tricks. I told him, "Papa will go really fast with you!" Garrett replied, "THAT is NOT a TRICK!"

When he got in the plane and was all buckled in, I heard him ask my dad, "Papa? You got any money in here?"

Papa asked Garrett if he wanted to do a roll- and he did! So they did, and Garrett liked it so much, he requested a SECOND roll!!! They did that one out over the airport so I could see it too. WOW! What a brave little guy I have. Maddy was a little perturbed that Garrett did tricks and she didn't!


Garrett's turn!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great experience for them. That would definitely make me nervous. Not the flying, but them flying in a small plane like that!

Julia said...

What great fun! I'm jealous! How nice for them to have their papa vroom vroom.