This week I've had a dull ache in my stomach, and a weight on my shoulders like something big is coming up, something that I dread. Maybe dread is too strong a word, but it was at least strong anticipation, and not all positive- all due to the fact that Maddy starts 2nd grade in a few days, and Garrett starts preschool soon after. My babies are growing so fast. I love being a mom so much, and I hate how fast this 'chapter' in my life is whizzing by.
But on Friday my perspective changed when I found out that my friend Erin who lives in Georgia lost their beautiful 3 year old little girl, Caroline, in a tragic accident on their family farm. I am just heartbroken for them, and I simply do not understand it. Erin, her husband Michael, and their 4 year old son, Will, could sure use your prayers and good thoughts right now.
And so, in honor of Caroline, her family, and other families who have lost their sweet babies way too early, I vow to be thankful. Thankful that I have the blessed job of parenting my kids another day. Thankful in the highs and the lows of parenting, during the chaotic times (those abound around here), and the stressful times. And maybe a little more patient as well. You just never know what tomorrow holds.
And just because I think God has a sense of humor, I will tell you that this post took me an hour to write because in the middle of it Garrett stuck a rock up his nose. (Yes, we got it out. And I am THANKFUL about that.)
Two Years
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment