Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Garrett's Big Day

I went into Garrett's room this morning and before I even saw the whites of his eyes, he said, "Today I go to preschool!"

Last night we picked out his clothes...he chose this Nike shirt and shorts outfit from Grandma 'Nita. He, of course, requested that I cut the tags out of the shirt (there were 3!), and when I walked back in the house from kissing Maddy and Joel goodbye, he was standing at the door with his backpack on! Too bad school didn't start for almost 2 more hours for him, and we had to do a few things like eat breakfast, brush teeth, put on shoes and socks. Details, right?!?! I am glad to know he is excited because he has been pretty low key about the whole thing and I wasn't sure how he was feeling.







When I dropped him off, he was so happy and completely at ease. He plopped down at the art table and just got to work- cutting and gluing...2 of his favorite things! It was all I could do not to cry, but he gave me hugs and was ready for me to go. He gave Carter and Molly plenty of loves and we were off.





His teacher met him at the door and he was so proud of himself for finding his name without any help! (I knew he could do it, but I was still like, "Phew!")


Then he had to put his name in the chart. It took him a minute to choose just the right spot.


Carter really wanted to stay and play too! (You can see sweet Molly in the stroller in the background. She was so easy and good!)


I'm sure he'll have a great day. Hard to believe he is old enough for me to send him off to preschool! How DID that happen?

We sure love you, Sweet Garrett!

2 comments:

neeter said...

Aww, I am glad he loves it!

Anonymous said...

That picture of him with his hands on his face cracks me up!