Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tea Party



A few weeks ago I told Madeline we could have her friends and their American Girl dolls over for a tea party. She thought it was a great idea...and didn't let me forget about it. Today was the big day. It turned out fabulous...it really was! All morning Maddy and Zelma helped me prepare- frosted cupcakes, picked blueberries, made name tags for each girl and her doll!

When 1:00 rolled around, the excitement built. The girls arrived and I talked funny and called each of the girls madame, or ma'am. At one point I heard one girl, I think it was Laura, say to Maddy, "Your mom is WEIRD!" I could tell she had a huge smile on her face as she said it. I nearly died laughing. The girls wore old hats, (ok, I did too!), and Maddy's costume jewelry. We played pass the button and made Victorian paper fans. I think all the girls (dolls included) had a lovely time...I know I did!











Maddy working hard on her Victorian Fan.


"Button, Button! Who's got the button?"


They all made fans for themselves...then asked me if I had any smaller paper for dolls fans too. Of course I did!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh it's perfect! PINK cupcakes of course. And look at all your glassware!
When we move there can we have a tea party??

neeter said...

Oh Sarri! You made that so fancy and sweet for them. I'm sure it's a memory they will keep with them. Love the pics!

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

You really know how to throw a tea party! How fun!

Brambleberry said...

SO much fun. I love it. Looks like they had a blast!!

Julia said...

That is seriously the cutest idea ever! I may have to steal that one!