Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Family Night

Tonight was Family Night for Maddy's camp. She just awes me- so confident, so brave, so....grown up. Our first stop was the 'Big Swing.' Maddy went on it for the 3rd time today, yet I am positive I was 10 before I got brave enough to try it once. Garrett got all geared up for it, but once he got up to the (very high) platform, he chose to wait another year. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go on it- it was my favorite thing as a little kid and as a college kid. And I think I screamed as loud as ever! Maddy told me she screamed really loud too, but just kept her scream inside her head. I love that girl!




It was a gorgeous evening- the rain broke for a bit, and mom went with us. We met Annie and Kevin and their precious boys out there. (You can see her blog to on the list to the right!) Annie is one of my most beautiful friends- inside and out and I just love her so much. We became great friends when we worked at camp together in 1999, and have stayed close ever since. Her husband Kevin and Joel were roommates in college, and he was one of our groomsmen in our wedding. We always have fun getting together with them. Cade and Garrett are great buddies, and we just know Carter and Callum will be one day soon. For now, Carter loves kissing Callum and sharing snacks.








We also headed up to the Tree House for a bit.



My brave girl on the bridge.



Future camper, Cade, had to try the bridge too! He is super brave and did a great job!



Couldn't help it!

She couldn't help it either, see why we are friends???


Maddy and her Staff Member...'Ogo Pogo.' I have no clue- don't ask! She loved him and we could tell he really enjoyed her group.

2 comments:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Great pics! And thank you for the sweet words. I feel really blessed to have a kindred spirit friend like you.

I spent a good portion of Callum's morning nap editing pics and I'm going to try and post during afternoon rests! :)

Anonymous said...

This place looks so fun for kids and building amazing memories.What a great experience for Maddy